Friday, April 06, 2007

Port-A-Cath





On the 25th of June I am going to have a Port-A-Cath inserted in my spine. Below is the information and Diagrams that I have received in preparation for this. What this will enable me to do is deliver very small doses of lignocaine or narcotic medication directly to my spine therefore eliminating my pain. I will have to inject every 4 or so hours . This will then let me wean myself off my narcotic medication and control my pain during this process. The Dr’s believe if I then stay off the narcotic medication for a little while I will be able to restart the same medication and get a much better result or a significantly lower dose. It will be as if I had never taken the drug before. They may leave the port in place for as long as it is working and causing no problems. Up to 5 years.












No comments: